Tuesday, June 20, 2017

May Peace Be Upon You :



Initially, my name is Mustafa Ibrahim. I am a senior at Texas Christian University. My major is Combined sciences and my minor is Middle Eastern studies minor. In addition, I am on the Medical track or as known as the Pre-Health program. My future goal is go to Medical school, become a great Doctor and work on healing the wounds of our society. I want to be able to provide medical care to poor areas around the world like some countries in the Middle East and also in Africa. I am very excited to start my journey from London this summer. This journey will open my eyes to the different life styles that people live with. A long this journey I will see how minorities are treated in comparison to the majority of people because I am a minority. I will see how I can help these minorities in the future with Medical Care.   

I included this Picture of myself because it was taken in Pre-Health fair which is very close to my heart. In that day It was my first time discovering the different opportunities to get into a Medical field. Medical fields including Medical schools, Optometry schools, pharmacy schools, and Dentistry schools. What made that experience even more unique is that I learned that there are other medical fields such as physical therapy that I did not know about.



This picture represents diversity, I was doing an Indian Bollywood dance. Although I am from the Middle East, Indian and the Middle East have totally different cultures from each other. Me dressing in Indian cultural clothing and performing their dances taught me so much about the world and cultures and their significance. I love Performing cultural dances. This was a SAICA event called Experience India.  




This is the only picture I have left of my Parents house in Iraq. I grew up and raised in this house. Although I have lived for 7 years in the United States and lived in Syria for 7 years as a refugee. My house in Iraq has so many memories that I can never forget. It is a piece of my soul.  


Exploring is one of my favorite habits,  I love to explore since I was a little child. When I 14 years old I started my journey in discovering the United States of America. Today I found so many awesome places in Texas that are worth to visit. Especially natural sites like Turner Falls in Oklahoma.


Finally, this picture represents the faculty that supported me and gave me a full ride scholarship to TCU. Without the community scholars program I would not have had the opportunity to live my dream and go to college. The community scholars program is equivalent to the chancellor scholars program but it is for minority students. I am on right side of the picture.  


1 comment:

  1. Thanks for sharing these meaningful images and stories. I am especially grateful to see what "home" looks like for you. I bet you treasure that image!

    ReplyDelete

The Buddha of Suburbia

Week 5:   The Buddha of Suburbia .  The book talks about a British teenage who is half Indian and half English. Being half Indian and hal...